Healthy Teeth for Life: 10 Tips for Families
By Dr. Sidi
- Start children early.
Bring your children to dental care as early as age 6 months to get regular check up and dental consultation.
- Seal off trouble.
Use preventive measures and professional dental fluoride and pit and fissure sealant for kids.
- Use enough — but not too much — fluoride.
Adult and kids percentage of fluoride in toothpaste is not the same, get advice for your dentist.
- Brush at least twice a day (using Soft Brush) and floss daily.
- Rinse or chew gum after meals.
- Block blows to teeth. (Use mouth guard to protect your teeth from injury during sport and so on)
- Don’t smoke or use smokeless tobacco.
Tobacco stains teeth and significantly increases the risk of gum disease and oral cancer.
- Eat smart. Eat well balanced food.
- Avoid sugary foods.
- Make an appointment. We recommend a dental check-up every 6 months — more often if you have problems like gum disease.