10 Oral Hygiene Tips
By Dr. Sidi
Here are the 10 recommended habits to include in your daily routine to prevent diseases associated with poor oral hygiene and gum disease:-
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day using an approved fluoride toothpaste. ( 2 – 3 mins)
- Use a soft / ultra soft toothbrush.
- Use proper brushing technique.
- Replace your toothbrush approximately every three months.
- Don’t forget to brush your tongue, or use a tongue scraper.
- Floss between all your teeth at least once a day BEFORE brushing your teeth.
- Eat healthy foods including fresh fruits, vegetables, whole-grains, and dairy.
- Avoid sugary snacks and drinks.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Visit your dentist at least 2 times per year for regular check-ups and dental cleanings.